Monday, March 22, 2010

Oishissima!


I went to Rome last weekend. Veni, vidi, vici - that was the strategy, and with only two and a half days, plus the night I arrived, it was an ambitious one. Even walking around all day from dawn till after dark, sometimes trotting to make it to a museum in time for my reservation time, it was impossible not to spend a lot of time getting lost and stopping to stare at one or another wonder of the world. Fortunately there's plenty of oishiness in Rome to fuel the conquest. The next few posts will cover my Roman holiday from the gastronomical perspective. Though there would be plenty to say about everything this trip taught me about art, history, art history, and the way the whole Judeo-Christian Greco-Roman collision changed the world, that would be the subject of another blog... or a whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment